Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Opening Statements

This is the first post of my blog. If you are one of my friends, classmates, and/or my professor, thank you for taking the time to read this! If not, well, I still thank you, but in a more hesitant, cautious kind of way. The kind of way you thank a strange man who has just told you that you have a nice smell. Its obviously a compliment, and you're not going to complain, but how did you find me? Why are you close enough to smell? Must I now comment on your smell in turn? I mean, I encourage you to keep thinking those nice thoughts about me. If I can make your life that much nicer, then all the best. But unless you're a close friend, smell in solitude. That being said, blogs are not smells, and comments are welcome. In blog-post form is best. Shouting from one's rooftop is fun, but I probably won't hear it, and people who do probably won't know what you're talking about. Slipping a letter written in cut-out magazine letters under my door will get my attention, but will also most likely result in me purchasing a firearm. A basket with a note and hamster in it is 100% acceptable. Anyway, most posts won't be this long, and I probably tried a bit too hard this time, but welcome, and I hope you enjoy the future!

Oh, and you smell like honeydew.

1 comment:

  1. I would ask that you never comment on my smell. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete